About the position
Soft2Run designs and develops software that will run your business to a better level.
We, SOFT2RUN, are specializing just in web and mobile in onsite and offsite partnerships and projects. Our main market is Europe, from Switzerland to Scandinavia. Of course, let’s do not forget our solid local partnerships.
We are specializing in the following directions:
– Product development
– Software services – on-site/off-site long-term partnership with clients
– Software projects – primary fixed price projects
– Machine Learning services
The business sectors of our current projects are:
– Automotive insurance
– Big Data
– Financial services
Our company structure is lean and focus on personal development and responsibility of each individual. Our resources are trained for easy integration with the clients approaches and development methodologies. Primary we are using agile approaches. We are using modern tools for project management and development integration, primary on the cloud.
Our client is a fast growing InsureTech company, based in Zurich, with a clear focus on changing the claims process using technologies of today and tomorrow.
Vehicle Telematics not only redefines the way drivers interact with their cars; it also redefines the way Insurers and Fleet Operators could interact with their customers, especially in the ‘moment of truth’, i.e. when an incident happens. Our Telematics solutions allow Automotive Insurances as well as Fleet, Leasing and Car Rental Companies to leave behind the limitations of today’s first notification of loss and claims handling processes, and enable them to progress to a proactive, digital and smart Claims and Vehicle Life-Cycle Management.
As a Data Scientist, you will be at the core of our innovative products. You will collaborate with a small multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts that analyses claims, vehicle repair, and telematics data as well as building high quality predictive models for repair costs, repair channel – choice ad claims settlement. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical & ML methods to the challenges automatically process and settle claims and incidents. By being part of the team, you will have the opportunity to participate in product inception and design, create your analyses set ups and develop models resulting ultimately in algorithms and service APIs
• Data mining and analyses using state-of-the-art methods
• Extending company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
• Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning technique
Skills and Qualification•
• MS degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, operations research, bioinformatics,
economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical
engineering, industrial engineering).
• 4 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data
scientist / AI specialist).
• Good applied statistics skills, such as various distributions, GLM, etc.
• Experience with R or similar technique set
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
• Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
• Experience with ML Techniques such as k-nearest neighbor classifier and tools such as
• Good scripting and programming skills, preferably with Java
• Data-oriented personality
• Self-starter as well as team player
• Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and writing)
• Knowledge of German is a plus
• Excellent analytical capabilities
• Good comprehension and communication skills
• Competitive salary;
• Friendly work environment;
• Flexible working hours
• Option for “work from home” for up to 3days in the month
• Personal freedom to solve complex problems;
• Additional social benefits – health insurance, dental insurance, etc.
• Regular team events
• Office on “easy to go” location
We’d love to work with you!
Fish don’t fry in the kitchen and beans don’t burn on the grill. Took a whole lotta tryin’ just to get up that hill.